Mocktails with a Spirited Punch! Summer is all about enjoying time outdoors with friends and family. That means dinners on the porch or patio as often as possible! We tend to concentrate all our efforts on a spectacular menu, but today let’s concentrate on spectacular Mocktails. I love mocktails for the simple reason I can start my soirees early with a FRUITY SANGRIA by the pool, and progress from pool dipping - to dips & spreads, served with my favorite HIBISCUS ICED TEA and a pre-dinner refreshing TROPICAL ZINGER will keep the spirits high! The fun just never fizzles!
jlfromwithin.com - Summer Mocktail Recipes
Tea is often associated and limited to flavored iced teas but let’s break that tradition and bring our favorite daytime drink to a new level with enticing mocktails for your next backyard bash! #Lyre’s and #DrinkMondays are two companies that make the most amazing “alcohol – free - alcohol”. This could be a new tradition – there is a revolution going on here and more and more restaurants, bars and home parties are serving non-alcoholic beverages and people are loving it! All the drinks and recipes on my website jlfromwithin are made with different flavors of “non-alcohol” from these two companies and I applaud them. It’s fun to have a tasty sunshine martini with all the flavor and not the headache or the calories! The difference doesn’t lie in being tooo sweet as you might think but adding a shot or two of mock-gin actually gives you the same taste factor as the real thing. So, if you are attempting to improve your health overall, if you’re taking a break from alcohol or if you’re just tired of waking up a bit groggy with questionable memories – it’s an alternative.
A good mocktail not only tastes great, it’s also crafted with as much care as a standard cocktail. They have the same accessories, like the complementary cocktail glass, garnishes, rimming salt or rimming sugar, unique ingredients and complex flavors. Prepare items ahead of time and have your guests indulge in their own fantasy drink. Take some pics and secretly choose a winner. If you remember, send me some shots, I love posting creative endeavors! Sometimes it’s as simple as trial and error and tweaking! These are great ideas for wedding, baby showers, tailgating, Superbowl and of course the Indy 500 – who wants champagne poured over them – wouldn’t it be more fun to be covered head to toe in a virgin Coconut Crush.
Besides the obvious, some of the benefits in choosing mocktails are:
· Fewer Calories: average cocktail is approximate 200 calories and most people don’t have just one – two…
· Higher in nutrients: made with specialty teas, fresh fruits, plenty of antioxidants and vitamin C and none of the syrups, sweeteners etc.
· Less expensive: I say this not from just a monetary point of view of the actual drink cost – but the cost of pain medication, driving penalties, sadly even life loss.
· Everyone enjoys them: these drinks are for everyone, not just for health warriors, pregnant women, designated drivers and for those who alcohol just doesn’t agree with.
My daughter owns “#Strawhopper”, a company that produces glass straws. These are not your average glass straw. They are manufactured with strength and endurance and come with a pretty little travelling sack and a cleaning brush. I mention this because fruity drinks are enjoyed more through a straw than having a piece of orange, strawberry or ice cube fall on your face, even worse, your new aqua #stewartweitzman swede wedges. Metal straws taste like you are drinking at the end of a gun barrel, silicone is chewy and paper actually biodegrades while you are drinking. YUM! Glass lasts and all you do is look at it and know it is clean. That means you are not sucking up some nasty leftover. YUCK! Glass is it and it comes in all sizes and even a glass straw for bubble tea!
Strawhopper Glass Straws
I am going to finish off with chocolate - not just any chocolate -- the ‘ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE MARTINI”! When the mood for romance strikes or you just need a decadent fix of chocolate, delight your senses in this rich and creamy concoction. Yes, I am suggesting a virgin drink for a romantic evening - ITS CHOCOLATE!
Photo by Beachbody!
Affectionately known as a chocolatini, the chocolate martini was invented by film stars Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor, who shared a passion for chocolate libations and martinis.
· ⅛ medium ripe avocado
· 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
· 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
· 1 cup ice
· 1 scoop Chocolate Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
· 1 tsp. all-natural almond butter
· ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
· dark chocolate shavings (for garnish, optional)M\
1. Combine avocado, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix until smooth.
2. Place almond milk, ice, Shakeology, almond butter, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
3. Place avocado mixture in a serving glass; use a spoon or rubber spatula to spread as a coating on the inside surface of the glass.
4. Top with smoothie mixture; garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes - did I mention that it's good for breakfact!
Calories 301 kcal
High in Fiber, High in Protein, Quick ‘n’ Easy, Vegan, Vegetarian
Doug and Donna - just two crazy kids!
Remember to serve everything in a pretty glass.
Mock me later!